Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving


For our Thanksgiving dinner, I made a baked, stuffed pumpkin. Not strictly speaking, an Around the World dinner, but I took the recipe from "Around My French Table" by Dorie Greenspan. I don't have the cookbook but the pumpkin recipe was featured when NPR interviewed Greenspan and is also on Amazon. M wasn't a huge fan but Steve and I loved it. Steve confessed later that he had been skeptical and was pleasantly surprised. Love to have my cooking be a source of a pleasant surprise! :)

I followed the recipe as given on Amazon, but with the following changes:
* I left out the bacon.
* I used pumpernickel and Gruyere for the bread and cheese.
* My pumpkin was smaller than the one in the recipe (2 lbs, rather than 3 lbs), so I only baked it for 1 hour, 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment