Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Austria

On Sunday, we made an Austrian dinner. We focused on regional specialties of Salzburg.

The Menu:
Appetizer: Cheese dumplings (with a lager for the grownups)
Main Course: Broiled trout
sauerkraut
apple slices
Dessert: Salzburger Nockerl (a souffle-like dessert, served with jam)

While planning the meal, I discovered Wikipedia's cookbook, which I used for the cheese dumpling recipe and the Salzburger Nockerl recipe.

Steve and I loved all of it. M didn't care for the sauerkraut (too "pocky" -- M's word for sour). The cheese dumplings went especially well with beer.

My nockerl fell after coming out of the oven. But after reading this, how could I feel bad? To paraphrase them, "if they can’t make it in Vienna, you might think twice before trying it in Minnesota."

No comments:

Post a Comment